Friday, June 12, 2009

My Story Part 2

So after I heard Chad speak, I was duly convinced that God could (and would) use me to heal people. At that time, though, I thought that I should only pray for people that God specifically told me to pray for. While this is a good idea, we have already been told to pray for just about everybody (Matthew 10:1-8). Anyway, at that time I was having a lot of trouble hearing God's active voice (Greek word "rhema" as opposed to "logos" in the NT, refers to a conversational sort of word). At that time I was hearing about three different voices in my head/heart: one from my thoughts, one from the enemy, and one from God. My problem was figuring out which voice was which. My solution up 'til that time was to ignore all the voices. But after Chad spoke, I went forward to receive prayer from one of the ministry team members there. As he was praying, he felt like he heard God say to command the evil spirit of confusion to stop messing with me. He did, and as soon as I got back to my seat, I clearly heard God speak to my heart:

"I love you."

Just three words, but they felt like a million bucks to me right then. That was the first time that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that He really does love me. You can say all you want about believing what the Bible says, but there's something about actually experiencing what it talks about. It's pretty hard to argue with an actually experience - what I will also refer to as a God encounter. Of course we don't put our experiences on the same level as Scripture, but when they agree, head knowledge becomes a lifestyle for us.

That's part of the goal of this blog - to show you my journey from head knowledge to lifestyle in the past and as it continues to happen today. Perhaps it will give you the courage to move further in that process yourself :).

John H.

No comments:

Post a Comment